Did you know that in Cojali Parts we can manufacture customised viscous clutches?
June 7, 2022
Despite the great number of references contained in our product catalogue, sometimes our customers might require the development of new products for which Cojali does not have a standardised reference yet.
In these cases, thanks to the Design Engineering Department, in Cojali Parts we offer to the customer the possibility of developing and manufacturing customised clutches in a fast way, according to the specifications required by the customer.
If you are in this situation, we tell you which steps to follow in order to request a customised clutch:
In case of a bi-metallic clutch:
- Measure the external part of the clutch.
- Measure the distance between the drill holes of the clutch in which the fan is assembled.
- Measure the fan centring with a feeler gauge.
- Measure the distance of the shaft from the end of the engine adapter to the fan base. This measurement indicates us the position of the fan in the vehicle.
- Indicate the rotation direction of the clutch.
- Provide characteristic measurements of the fan, such as the external diameter, the number and height of fan blades, etc.
- Note the reference of the original fan and clutch, if any, and provide the vehicle data (VIN) or the application data.
- Provide pictures whenever possible, so that our engineers can detect any particularity of the reference intended to replace.
In case of an electromagnetic clutch:
- Indicate whether the application operates at 12V or 24V.
- Provide the pin-out of the application, if known, as well as the reference of the connector. If possible, provide also a picture of the connector.
- Indicate the cable length.
- Identify whether there is any specific fixation system for the cable or the activation coil.
For both cases, remember that it is highly advisable to provide us the original fan and clutch, even if they present advanced signs of deterioration. This way, we will be able to analyse the application in further detail, with the aim of achieving the product that better adapts to it.
Contact us if you need further information!